We’re looking for analytics leaders to work on our core products with a passion for social media to help drive informed business decisions for Meta. You will enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a technical field, will have experience working with large data stores, and will have some experience building software. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product. You have experience leading and growing a team of data scientists. You have a passion for mentoring members of your team to achieve strong results and continued engagement.
The perfect candidate will have strong technical-mentorship skills, the ability to coach team members in building narratives from various signals, and a desire to attack vague/challenging problems with end-to-end ownership is critical.
- Help build and lead a great data science team to deliver world-class products
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Drive analytical rigor and guide predictive modeling, stats and ML initiatives for the broader product team
- Understand the technical implementation as well as coaching and guiding the broader cross-functional and engineering teams to ensure a high level of technical execution
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Manage the development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches while keeping the team accountable and impactful
- Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis at a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management including experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating and representing results of the analysis to senior leadership
- 4+ years of experience with applied statistics or experimentation (i.e. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- 2+ years of experience communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams to influence the strategy
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
Large scale ML or modeling system experience such as Ranking/Recommendation/Personalization.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.