As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for an experienced, quantitative, business savvy, articulate and creative Director of Web Applications to lead a team of exceptional developers and analysts. Under your leadership, the team will be responsible for building and supporting our external websites using OpenText technology. The web applications support team is responsible for many website implementations at OpenText including our www.opentext.com site. Our business solution utilizes OpenText’s software to power many of our web technologies including TeamSite/LiveSite, Media Manager, Web Experience Management (WEM), and Content Server. This position involves being part of a dynamic team environment responsible for designing, developing, and supporting software solutions to meet business requirements in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and Services. The ideal candidate thrives on partnering with our Marketing business partners to leverage technology to deliver exceptional customer experience, has a consultative mindset, and is an excellent leader. He/she must be a motivating leader that is able to select and focus on high-impact, complex projects. The candidate will have extensive experience delivering complex technical projects, providing excellent application support, driving continuous improvement and leading high-performing technical teams.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Working with business partners to understand technology needs, develop a technical roadmap, and set priorities for the team
- Team leadership: establishing clear goals and priorities for the team, coaching and mentoring team members for high performance
- Developing and delivering workstream updates to business stakeholders including executive leadership
- Software lifecycle management: from requirements through design, build, test and deployment. Documenting the solution and supporting the business team with training and other enablement activities
- Business analysis: working with end-users to document their business requirements and translate those into functional requirements and system design
- Familiarity with a wide breadth of technologies; web-based applications, on-premise and Cloud solutions
- Service management to enable the team to provide excellent operational support to end-users and IT colleagues. In-depth experience with ITIL methodologies.
- Acquisition integration activities, including migration from legacy applications to standard OT tools
- Fostering a culture of high-performance, with team members located across the globe
- Self-motivated and driven to accomplish company goals
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement, formulating a plan to improve and executing the plan
- Promoting best practices with the team and across teams
- Identifying new technologies and how they can be incorporated into the Corporate Enterprise landscape
- Creating an environment of knowledge sharing and ongoing learning
- Developing career paths for your team
- Successfully managing financial plans and budgets.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, finance, or a related area of study or significant experience in a similar role.
- 10-15 years experience in application development and/or systems administration
- 8+ years experience managing technical teams
- Ability to establish and execute a technical strategy and form strong partnerships with business stakeholders
- Business analysis, project management, and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests, make assignments to team members, track progress and provide team leadership
- Experience with web development and web team leadership:
- Experience developing and working with Web Services (RESTful and/or SOAP)
- Development experience in languages including MS .NET, C#, Java
- Development experience working with Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and/or Oracle PL-SQL
- Experience in the configuration and development of OpenText solutions
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as PHP
- Familiarity with Microsoft IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Implementation and support experience with Google Cloud Platform and containerized applications
- Implementation and support experience with on-prem implementations
- Experience with OpenText products including TeamSite, Media Management, Alloy Integration and Identity & Access Management
- Ability to work cross-functionally with IT infrastructure and database administrator teams on both project implementations and application support
- Experience with on-prem to Cloud migrations and establishing a Cloud Center of Excellence preferred
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact [email protected].
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, OpenText’s global vaccination policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an OpenText office to maintain a safe workplace for our employees.
To apply for this job please visit careers.opentext.com.