- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in strategy, consulting, business operations, or Human Resources.
- 3 years of experience performing job evaluation, benchmarking, compensation analysis, talent management, workforce planning, process design, competency modeling, and/or role scoping.
- Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives working across cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence leaders through judgment and data.
- Ability to manage complex data sets and do analysis (e.g., SQL, etc.).
- Ability to take action, think analytically and systemically with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to dissect problems, develop nascent ideas, and achieve results in a constrained environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
About the job
The Job Architecture team is part of ‘centers of expertise’ functions in people operations, which serves as the domain experts in People Operations delivering programs and expertise to Googlers.
In this role, you will take initiative to streamline Google’s job architecture in order to provide more consistency, improve workforce planning, and facilitate internal mobility for Googlers in every area of the organization.
As a Job Architect, you’ll provide talent consulting and management support for multiple job roles and architecture structures, and work closely with the business and Human Resources on change/client initiatives. You will identify opportunities to simplify and standardize operational processes, and partner with areas to drive scaled implementation.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $141,000 – $151,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Provide dedicated talent consulting support for multiple job roles within the architecture, and provide governance and oversight to job family structure creation, iterations, and maintenance.
- List existing structure, use cases, processes, and systems involved, drive the change management, operational programs, and execution to deliver against a multi-year roadmap.
- Analyze job family health data and perform an in-depth search to provide recommendations to functional area leadership to avoid proliferation.
- Identify opportunities to develop actionable insights, and partner with business leadership to use Role Profiles to ensure robust talent management.
- Be the point of contact and subject matter expert to functional area for job architecture questions and consultation, serve as the expert for job definition (e.g., demonstrating the ability to deeply understand the full range of issues, data sets, and dynamics at play).
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.