Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience.
Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
As the Systems Architect, NetSuite within the Business Systems team, you will work closely with business users in finance, procurement and other cross-functional teams, on various system initiatives and manage the end-to-end project lifecycle. You will be the resident expert on NetSuite and the related applications ecosystem. You will take on projects that are still in infancy/exploration, help define them, work with business teams through the process and lead them to completion. As a technical expert, you will also help define the architecture of the different solutions you propose, down to the integration methodologies and the different technologies available by platform.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Be a strong business partner leading the definition and delivery of optimale and scalable NetSuite solutions to address business requirements in areas of: FP&A, GL/Accounting, AP, Treasury, Tax management, Procurement, order-to-cash, etc.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage NetSuite and the related applications ecosystem.
- Provide leadership and lead all stages of NetSuite projects delivery from scope definition to hands-on configuration, development and integrations.
- Determine types of scripts, workflows, and coding design elements required for your solutions.
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop detailed technical solution documentation and recommend suitable architecture that is aligned with business objectives.
- Create and maintain project documentation, including project plans, conceptual solutions, functional and technical requirements and specifications
- Assist with data analysis, reporting needs, continuous improvement initiatives, change management and support for optimal usage within NetSuite
- Test and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with NetSuite functional and technical experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience working with technology on accounting projects.
- Must have NetSuite certification, SuiteScript, SuiteFlows, integration experience.
- Strong demonstrable NetSuite functional configuration knowledge.
- Strong demonstrable NetSuite technical development knowledge.
- Good knowledge of general finance, revenue recognition, procurement, payment and tax. Must have experience in the payment processing module and experience with tax systems like Avalara, Vertex etc.
- Understanding of Netsuite Table/Data Structure, including ODBC connections and Searches/Reports expected.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, writing detailed functional specifications for development of custom programs, testing and post go live support.
- Working experience with integration platforms is a strong asset.
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams and with third parties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, tradeoffs and engage with cross-functional teams through detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes.
- High degree of self direction and independent drive.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
- Flexible vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Workplace flexibility for remote positions #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
To apply for this job please visit www.sonder.com.