cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Browser crashing when editing recipe

jmcvicker
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Sometimes I have a recipe that crashes my browser every time I try to edit it - sometimes even if I try to just look at the recipe (without editing). It's not all recipes, or even all recipes with a specific connector, as far as I can tell. Console is logging this error multiple times: "Could not load content for https://app.workato.com/sourcemaps/6032.148888e41c6bff0b.js.map: HTTP error: Status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE". Anyone else have this problem, and how can I prevent it?

Jen McVicker
CSP-SM, CSP-PO, SAFe 5 SPC, ICA-AC, ICA-ATF, Automation Pro II
16 REPLIES 16

gabriel-sim
Workato employee
Workato employee

Can you share which internet browser and version number that you're using?

jmcvicker
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Sorry folks, I should know better. Always supply all the relevant environment details! Browser is Chrome: Version 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (x86_64). I've also tried Brave (installed just 2 days ago, so it's the latest version as well); they're both doing the same thing. I've disabled all extensions except for my password app and cleared my cache & cookies, but that didn't solve it.

I've had problems in the past actually getting authenticated to Workato on Firefox due to some weirdness with our SSO/2FA system, but it seems to be working today and thankfully, the recipe is NOT crashing in that browser. So I'll try switching to FF when it happens again (Chrome is my default). I am curious as to why it's happening on Chrome though, so if anyone comes across this problem and solves it in the future, I'd love to hear how you did it.

Jen McVicker
CSP-SM, CSP-PO, SAFe 5 SPC, ICA-AC, ICA-ATF, Automation Pro II

Could be that you are behind a firewall, or the company networking policies were preventing it.. just a thought. .

Thank you for providing the details!

Yes, the lagging/crashing is something we discovered internally as well appearing in Chrome version >= 101.0.4951.64 due to a rendering bug in chromium based browsers (so it likely affects Brave as well).

We're currently working on a fix and plan to roll it out soon. I'll post an update here once it's rolled out.

In the meantime, Firefox should still be a smooth experience.

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I immediately switch from Chrome to FF whenever I encounter any issues or performance problems. Whatever the issue is in Chrome, it's magically gone in FF.