cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can a trigger condition join two tables

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

I want to push the Qty on hand field from the Warehouses in Epicor to SFDC.

I have this working in pilot using a scheduled Recipe but thought it would be cool to do it in real time.

I know I can create a trigger on the Warehouse object, but this would trigger on every nut and bolt that was changed which I don't care about.

at the Parts object we have a classID where FG stands for finished goods, I would like to trigger on any warehouse record change where the Parts.ClassID starts with FG

is this possible? I know in SFDC I might have to map a custom field to the Warehouse object to be able to filter it but thought there might be a slicker way.

thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the "Inventory Advisor" object in Automation Studio for Epicor and that seems to have done the join of all the pertinent fields and is working in my test site now. Also didn't realize I could use a BAQ I was doing all kinds of queries within tables and making life very difficult for myself ๐Ÿ™‚ 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @johnw ,

Since these are two different objects from SFDC, the feasible approach is to use a custom field that will serve as a link to the two objects. The custom field can be used as a trigger condition to filter out the result.

I found the "Inventory Advisor" object in Automation Studio for Epicor and that seems to have done the join of all the pertinent fields and is working in my test site now. Also didn't realize I could use a BAQ I was doing all kinds of queries within tables and making life very difficult for myself ๐Ÿ™‚