cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to save the recipe

hartej-grewal
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I'm not able to save recipe when step 58 is unskipped. I have tried everything and I have spent a day on this.

Troubleshooting steps performed:

1 Multiple browsers

2 Deleted and created step again

3 Cloning the recipe

4 Saving on phone

Screen shot of the error:

Anyone experienced something like this?

4 REPLIES 4

anthony-oconnor
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

That usually means there's a problem with connection in that step - bad credentials, missing mandatory fields, things like that.

vijay-narsimha
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

This issue will be encountered when you are trying the modify the recipe which is running state or you might have opened it multiple tab and made the modification in new tab and didn't refresh it only tab and trying to save it again

ngeorgakopoulos
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Does this step contain any formula?

hartej-grewal
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi, I was able to solve the problem. It turns out that it was NOT a problem with connection or the formula.

The step was an API call that required 90+ fields, and I had two of them each for different type of data based on a boolean condition. So, it was a pretty big step in terms of number of attributes/fields. And the recipe got too big with 2 steps for Workato to save.

As a workaround, rather than making two API calls, I extracted out the data into variables based on the same boolean condition. Then made one API call which used data from those variables. Then the saving of recipe worked.

It can be hard to understand without looking at the recipe bit I hope I was able to clear that up.

Thank you for all the help everyone. Appreciate it.