cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Working on my first recipe and was wondering if a Default Company is required

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Whenever a SKU is created or updated in one of our companies, I have a recipe that will update the fields in SFDC.

but its only working for one of the companies in Epcior, and we have 3. I see where in the connector the Default Company is required (and greyed out now) to the one company that is working. is there a way to have the same recipe look in all companies?

thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi,

This is Marlon from Support Team.
You can only use one account/credential per recipe for a connector. Please clarify where you get the Company Name as a required field in an Object. Also, what action are you using?

Since you are new to Workato, I recommend you go through our Automation courses:  https://academy.workato.com/.

View solution in original post

Epicor created the connector and not a platform connector from Workato. I suggest you reach out to Epicor since the configuration for the Company is under the connector level.
Another workaround is to use HTTP/SDK connector for the other company.

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

so what I had to do was convert my 1 Recipe to a function and then create 3 separate Recipes (1 for each company) that does nothing but call that function.

8 REPLIES 8

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi,

This is Marlon from Support Team.
You can only use one account/credential per recipe for a connector. Please clarify where you get the Company Name as a required field in an Object. Also, what action are you using?

Since you are new to Workato, I recommend you go through our Automation courses:  https://academy.workato.com/.

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

in our Epicor we have 3 different Companies โ€œAUS1โ€,โ€AUS2โ€ and โ€œPICOโ€

johnw_0-1690293463016.png

when I built my recipe I setup a connector for Epcior Pilot and there is a Default Company ID which I selected PICO in my test

johnw_1-1690293463018.png

in this test if I go into the PICO company and make a change to a part description that changes gets put into SFDC sandbox as I want but if I go into AUS1 or AUS2 and make a change in Epcior those changes donโ€™t get moved

was wondering how I can create a recipe in epiocr to look at all the companies?

I know more SFDC than Epicor so I may not know the proper terminology so hopefully these images help

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

For your EPICOR connector, it is only limited to one Company. Hence, you will need to create different recipes per Company to add the SKU in Salesforce.

woah .... that sucks that means we have to clone and manage each recipe for our 3 different companies... is there a way to use the same recipe with 3 different Epicor connections? or literally need 3 different recipes.