cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our 2024 January & February Automation Institute Pros of the Month!

dennisp
Workato employee
Workato employee

Welcome back to Automation Institute's Pro of the Month series, where we showcase a dedicated learner on Automation Institute, award them with an exclusive badge, and ask them a bit about their automation journey.

This month, we’re showcasing both January and February’s Pro of the Month with two dedicated folks!

In order to receive the Automation Pro of the Month Award, the criteria is as follows: 

1. Showing the most activity on Automation Institute in the given month
  2. Having the most certifications, courses, and/or modules completed in a given month
  3. Other usage considerations

January 2024 (1).jpgFebruary 2024.jpg

I’m excited to announce that the winners of the Automation Institute Pro of the Month awards are:

• January 2024: Basavaraj Nayak, Software Engineer @ Westcroft IT Solutions
  • February 2024: Tom Whetmore, Technical Consultant @ iQlink

How did learning about automation impact your professional career/goals/aspirations?

• Basavaraj: "Learning about Workato automation has expanded my knowledge of integration platforms and their capacities. It has helped me understand how businesses can streamline processes, improve efficiency , and drive innovation through automation. This knowledge allows me to better assist users who are interested in integrating different systems and automating workflow."
  • Tom: "As a Salesforce professional you come across many businesses that work on large technology stacks, this can make a single source of data hard to achieve. Learning Workato enables me to bring a stack together and build more trust in a Salesforce org as the single source of truth, its another tool in the toolbox to help make business succeed."

What was your favorite course you took from the Automation Institute? Why?

• Basavaraj: "My most favorite courses are Enterprise Automation (EA) and Recipe Development. Why? Because I enjoyed the EA Course for its comprehensive overview of automations applications in large organizations. Learning about workflow automation, data integration, and process optimization deepened my understanding of automation's role in driving efficiency and innovation. The Recipe Development course was also engaging, teaching me how to create and implement automation workflows using platforms, like Workato. Overall, the entire course has expanded my knowledge of automation and its applications."
  • Tom: "My favorite course was Enterprise Workbot for Slack as I really enjoyed getting hands on playing with the functionality and building out a Workbot."

What is the one thing you're most proud of when it comes to implementing automation?

• Basavaraj: "I am proud of the efficiency gains achieved through automation. By streaming complex processes, I have been able to save significant time and effort for myself and others. This has not only increased productivity but allowed me to focus on more strategic tasks, driving greater value for the organization."
  • Tom: "For me I love implementing automations, it enables me to express creativity and use logic to solve complex business problems. There's nothing better than seeing a stakeholders reaction to a proof of concept or a demo after you’ve been able to take their business problems and turn them into solutions."

What advice would you give to others considering a career in automation?

• Basavaraj: "For those considering a career in automation, my advice would be to start by gaining a strong understanding of the fundamentals and its various technologies. Then, focus on developing hands-on experience with automation tools and platforms. Additionally, stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in automation to remain competitive in the field."
  • Tom: "Automation and the tech space in general is ever evolving so you never stop learning, don’t be afraid to try new things and keep developing yourself. It will both benefit yourself and the businesses you work with."

Congrats to both winners on the awesome achievement, and we look forward to seeing them in more Automation Institute courses in the future!

If you hope to be featured as the next Automation Institute Pro of the Month, continue learning and getting certified via Automation Institute and keep your eye out for an email around the beginning of the month.

Ready to learn? Take a look at Automation Institute’s courses here!

1 REPLY 1

meghan-legaspi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations to these Pros! 👏