cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printing Outlook email to PDF

ajorde
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I'm trying to help our accounting team be able to easily store and locate evidence of license key delivery emails. Currently they have a giant email inbox which is getting more and more difficult to search for the email copies.

I'd like to download a PDF of an email from Outlook, store in Box, and add link to the Box file automatically to the NetSuite record. Has anyone done any conversion of email to PDF via Workato? I also have an OPA that I could use if it would require any scripting outside of Workato.

6 REPLIES 6

isabelle-leong
Workato employee
Workato employee

I know of a Microsoft Graph API action where you can download a file in another format. Reference link here This action accepts eml and converts it to pdf. You would probably need to find another endpoint to download the email from Outlook and upload to drive for this convert file api endpoint to work. Just an idea ๐Ÿ™‚

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We did something with PowerShell. Basically took a file, download it to network share, use PowerShell to convert it to PDF, then upload it to the final folder. Here's a reference: https://support.coolorange.com/support/solutions/articles/22000225569-how-to-convert-office-documents-to-pdf-with-powershell

tomkelshaw
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Isabelle Leong 's solution is what I'd go with. I can say that Graph API converter works well for PPTX from SPOL or OneDrive. I've never tried with .eml, that's a cool trick.

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Does it have to be PDF? Weโ€™ve done it using HTML before. Just save the raw mail body in HTML format, upload to box directly via workato.