Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recipe function

sampath
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi, 

Anyone knows what are the return size of the recipe function? my return results got concatenated and ended up with an issue. 

any idea?

sampath_0-1690937764580.pngsampath_1-1690937879161.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steven-marissen
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hi there,

I don't know the max size of a function that gets the rest to be truncated.

But in order to work around that and have full transparency whenever you encounter this:

1. add a "Logger by Workato" step below to it
  2. set the "message" field to formula mode (optionally send it to workato log service)
  3. then you can output the entire result from your "Return result" task to the Logger.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

steven-marissen
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hi there,

I don't know the max size of a function that gets the rest to be truncated.

But in order to work around that and have full transparency whenever you encounter this:

1. add a "Logger by Workato" step below to it
  2. set the "message" field to formula mode (optionally send it to workato log service)
  3. then you can output the entire result from your "Return result" task to the Logger.

Hope this helps.

JayMappus
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi sampath,

Did you find a solution? I am using a function to upload a PDF file and as I pass the file into the function I believe the function is truncating it from +315566 bytes to just 258 characters. I've followed steven's advice but while it helps me troubleshoot I'm not discovering any answers. Any advice would be welcomed. 

Thanks

Hello!
This is Marlon from the support team.

How do you pass the PDF file value to the function call? The output from the job may display as truncated, but it doesn't mean the actual value is incomplete. 

raisubodhkumar
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Sampath,

Was the output really truncated. Because I have also seen this happening for a few recipes of mine where it shows output as truncated in display whereas it is not actually truncated and the end to end scenario works fine with correct payload without any truncation.