cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recipes Unit Testing

maheswara-reddy
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Team, i am curies about how the recipes are testing? is there any framework build on own or using any external system/scripts/tools.

is any one following different way rather than manual testing?

6 REPLIES 6

roland-daane
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Try writing a test recipe that picks the testdata from a list, files from fileserver/Sharepoint etc etc.

That way you test consistantly.

I am looking for a way to manage the recipes as I usually do in Visual Studio.

vinny-sosa
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I
Youโ€™ll have to restate your question. Sounds like you want to know if there is a test automation framework. You can use the API I would suppose to connect one as you wish. Iโ€™m not aware of a built in test automation facility. 

--

maheswara-reddy
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Vinny, yes it could be great to connect with you,

dan-kennedy
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Mahesh,

How you test a given recipe using automated approaches is different depending on the type of automation you are building.  If you're building an API end-point, you can use various third-party test tools such as postman which provide the ability to run automated tests against an API endpoint.  If you are building an app-to-app style recipe, many of our customers will build a "test recipe" which automates the testing process.  As an example, if your recipe is creating a user in Active Directory every time a new employee is added to Workday, your "test recipe" would create the input by hiring an employee into Workday, it would then wait and then check to see if the user with the correct attributes was added into Active Directory.  The test recipe is effectively automating the actions you would take when you manually test that recipe. In some cases, teams will roll these "test recipes" together to create an automated test suite to run regression testing against a given solution and output a report of pass/fail results.

I hope that helps provide some ideas on what we've seen others do in this space.

Thanks,

Dan