cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions on Extracting data from on-prem

gfraser
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I am looking at some suggestions from the community on any ideas you might have in regards to the following:

We want to add some of the financial data from Sage 300 into our datawarehouse using Workato,

We are planning on moving our Sage 300 software to Microsoft Azure. The database(MSSQL) would be in a local private network. We cannot open any ports through the firewall to provide direct connection from Workato to the Sage 300 database. Also, we will not have an on premise agent running on the server. 

One option we are investigating is using a public facing Web server which would use the Sage 300 API to connect to the Sage database.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steven-marissen
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hi there,

I wanted to make sure I got this correctly, you mentioned: "we will not have an on premise agent running on the server".
Would it be an idea to have the workato agent not hosted on that specific server?  Was your worry the additional performance / complexity to that server?

Just another VM within the same network will suffice and have it connect to your MSSQL database.

Optionally you can still lock down any other permissions / ports than strictly needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

steven-marissen
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hi there,

I wanted to make sure I got this correctly, you mentioned: "we will not have an on premise agent running on the server".
Would it be an idea to have the workato agent not hosted on that specific server?  Was your worry the additional performance / complexity to that server?

Just another VM within the same network will suffice and have it connect to your MSSQL database.

Optionally you can still lock down any other permissions / ports than strictly needed.