cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cost from Epicor to SFDC Recipe

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

is there a Recipe that already exists that will add Cost from Epicor to the product object in SFDC?

I wrote a Recipe that creates/updates any SKU that's update din Epicor to SFDC and as part of that it will pull the cost but then realized that the cost would only be updated when the part was modified since the Part was the trigger. So figured I would do a weekly scheduled recipe to update the cost... started to have the PartCost table trigger the recipe but quickly realized that was too much data since I only need parts that are Active and finished goods which are on the Parts table not the Partscost table.

before I recreate the wheel was curious if a recipe already exists... and if not have a basic question about scheduled recipes.

Do I build the recipe as if it was triggered by a single record (this is how it works in SFDC flow) but wanted to be sure.

thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @johnw ,

Currently, we do not have recipes with Epicor and SFDC that are in our Community Library since Epicor is not a platform connector. I believe that you or your team has built it as a custom connector.
You can use a weekly trigger using a scheduler to update the costs, but you will need a source to fetch all records that need to be updated. You can use a lookup table to store Epicor records, or you can generate a list of Epicor records using an action in the recipe to fetch all updated records and then use a batch action in SFDC to update the cost.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @johnw ,

Currently, we do not have recipes with Epicor and SFDC that are in our Community Library since Epicor is not a platform connector. I believe that you or your team has built it as a custom connector.
You can use a weekly trigger using a scheduler to update the costs, but you will need a source to fetch all records that need to be updated. You can use a lookup table to store Epicor records, or you can generate a list of Epicor records using an action in the recipe to fetch all updated records and then use a batch action in SFDC to update the cost.

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

I think we decided to have IT create a BPM in Epicor that will update a field on the part record which we will use to trigger my part recipe rather than have multiple recipes.

so today if anything with a class ID of finished goods is change on the parts record my recipe works fine, we will add a field called workato last update or something and if any inventory or costs type fields change it will update that field on the part record with a timestamp which would also trigger that one recipe