cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custom Connector size limits

dferguson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Does anyone know of an upper bound on the number of actions a custom connector can have or the size of the custom connector ruby file?

5 REPLIES 5

amlan
Workato employee
Workato employee

My initial response is that there shouldn't be any limits. Why do you ask Dan F? Have you faced an issue or are you planning to build one with lots of actions?

Bennett Goh Chandra V are the experts. If we don't mention it in our docs, we should.

adrian-chong
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Keen to know if there are any limits as well. FYI Dan Ferguson I've started out with 17 actions, no issues.

chandra
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Adrian,

We don't have any size limits on the number of actions or triggers in the custom connector and even the length of the file.

we have cases we built 50+ actions e.g. Coupa, but we converted to grouping approach later for seamless user experience.

we suggest grouping (actions/triggers) approach when there are tons of objects to be supported in the connector(e.g. Salesforce).

You can define actions like:

Actions:

Create record,

Search records,

Update Record,

Get Record details by ID.

Triggers:

New record

New/updated record

The details documented Workato's advanced connector building guide section.

dferguson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

This relates to the question asked here: https://community.workato.com/main/groups/44978/lounge/posts/634780?tab=comment

I am planning on generating our APIs endpoints from the OpenAPI spec. Based on some intial testing I am looking at 300-400 actions each with a custom input and out model. The search functionality seems like a it would work great as long as there is not a limit on actions.