cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Debugging in Workato

gajanan-patil
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Team i am trying to work on best practices as of now and while i am doing that can you please help us out with how are we going to check Debugging in workato. As of now we are having Monitor and On Error Retry but is there anything else to debug step by step in workato platform ,thanks in advance !

11 REPLIES 11

veeravenkatasat
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Gajanan, Currently we don't have step by step debugging available in workato. You go with Monitor block and see the error message if any failures inside recipe.

use log message or look up table to see the loop data or any specific data.

jayesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Gajanan,

For each recipe job you can see the actual call flow path as well as the input and output at every step. If the recipe job failed - you can see the call path till the error step and the input, output at every step and the error at the error step. Here is the link to the documentation section for troubleshooting: https://docs.workato.com/troubleshooting.html#troubleshooting

lcury
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

On top of that, I've learned that for a failed job, once you repeat it, you can then select the step you'd like more information and go to "Debug" tab.

If available, the Network Trace will include all API calls during that step, with the result, header, request and response payloads.

Very helpful, specially if you're using a connector where the input for that action is not necessarily the actual payload that will be used in the API call.

I wish that this Debug information would have been available by default at the very step in which a job failed. Some times, it's just not feasible to repeat a job, depending on how your recipe is designed and particularly if that's in a Production environment.

LC

dcornwell
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I heard in the past that there is an enhancement coming so you can view job data from inside loops without having the hassle of setting up logging. This is sorely needed but I don't know if it's still coming or when. This is something I've been pushing for a long time.