cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Debugging in Workato

gajanan-patil
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Team i am trying to work on best practices as of now and while i am doing that can you please help us out with how are we going to check Debugging in workato. As of now we are having Monitor and On Error Retry but is there anything else to debug step by step in workato platform ,thanks in advance !

11 REPLIES 11

I heard the same and believe it is still on the roadmap

wvkashif
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I would recommend using Job Table Dashboard for faster debugging purposes.

Say if your recipe's goal is to pin a message in slack channel. Without actually going to the job details; your job table should be able to say what happened with that job..

For eg. I would use the following fields- slack channel Name; MessagePinned? (boolean);

Along those lines

Agree, I customize the Job Table with key run-time information. It is quite helpful for a quick view of results for each job, and I can then drill into speciffic jobs based on what I see on the Job report.

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I use the Stop action along with Repeat to accomplish step by step execution and verification of step-level results. Also, the Skip Steps is useful while debugging, as is Logger by Workato.

steven-marissen
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

When a lot of actions are needed (item level), I usually add results first to a (nested) list, as a sort of "preparation" step. Then further down the recipe I do the actual updates for each of those records in the list (example update Salesforce opp).

For me it is often easier to troubleshoot what happened as you can't go through every iteration of a repeat action.

Sometimes I also make use of a validation loop (between creating the list and doing the update). To make sure if it is valid before executing.

Hope this gives you some ideas to try out.