cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has any one done integration with Azure Blob Container using Shared Access Signature (SAS)?

tkanik
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello, has anyone tried to connect to the Azure Blob Container using Shared Access Signature (SAS)? 

It is much simpler to configure access through SAS in our organization because we don't have to create new user in Azure Active Directory. Is this feature available in Workato, where I can paste SAS key instead of user/pass in Azure Blob Connector?

2 REPLIES 2

borre842
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Have you review using an HTTP connector, Azure Blob Container does have a Connector, but in my case, I use an HTTP connector as I want to use Azure Tables which is not available in the Blob Container, but you can connect to the same way to use the Blob Rest API.

To connect your HTTP connector, get the next Info O2Auth Toker which is located on the AppRegistration in your portal Azure (Workato should be register with the proper configuration) get your ClientID and Secret from the same section, select Body on Request Token and use the default scope for graph https://graph.microsoft.com/.default

borre842
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Tried a to connect but Workato is failing on the HTTP Action and  not in Postman or Thunder Clients in VS Code, this was Microsoft Support answer when we send this to them:

Here are the key points from the logs:
- The authentication manager is attempting to authenticate the request using the shared key.
- The authentication attempt fails against key 1 and key 2.
- The authentication fails due to a signature mismatch.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Verify the shared key: Ensure that the shared key used for authentication is correct. Double-check the key and make sure there are no typos or errors.
2. Check the stringToSign value: Compare the stringToSign value in the logs with the expected value. Ensure that the stringToSign is constructed correctly and matches the expected format.
3. Verify the request date and time: Confirm that the request date and time in the logs match the expected values. Pay attention to any time discrepancies or time zone differences.
4. Check for any changes in the storage account configuration: Review any recent changes made to the storage account configuration, such as changes to the access keys or permissions. Ensure that the account is properly configured for the requested operation.