Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to avoid sending fields to API or other plarform endpoints

sampath
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I have noticed weird behavior recently. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I was building a recipe and when I add "blank" word under the formula fields, that field will not sending to the endpoints.

But with the latest updates, when I send the same content to different endpoints, it is sending empty "" value to the destination.

Is there anything changed recently or does anyone knows how to avoid sending the fields to the endpoint ( I cant not assign the value. this is dynamic and has to assign variable. if variable does not have value, I should not sending this to the endpoint )

3 REPLIES 3

csadler
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

For most connectors, you can use the formula keyword (in formula mode) skip in order to have the connector omit the key all together. In practice, if you are feeding in a data pill, this is frequently paired with a presence check on the data pill and double pipes, allowing you to send the skip only when the provided data pill is empty: 

Screenshot 2024-04-19 090327.jpg

โ€ƒ

As for expected behavior for sending blank values: As far as I was aware most connectors will forward the key with an empty string or even a null value. Some API's require blank strings in order to clear fields that do not otherwise have a "DELETE" verb associated with the correct record.

Integration Architect

sampath
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I just dont need to send blank or empty string. I need to avoid sending that field when there are no value assigned. 

this happened in the loop and dynamically. some instance it has values and some instances there are no value. in that cases, I need to avoid sending.

What I mentioned above will omit the field all together. This is a standard approach in most of our builds, as the need to omit key value pairings is common. 

Integration Architect