Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365 Distribution Group Maintenance

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 7, 2021] Gordon Hu from WeGalvanize posted:

Hello Pros!

I would like to see how other pros maintain the organization’s O365 Cloud Distribution Groups. As Microsoft points out in the KB, it’s not supported by Graph API.

uploaded by user

Background:

• We are an Okta customer. Okta support O365 Group Push. Unfortunately, it does not support distribution group.
  • We have AD-imported users in Okta – from 4 different ADs due to acquisition and rebranding. There is no direct connection between AD and O365. Okta is sitting in between.

What we are doing now is via On-Prem Agent:

1. Extract information such as department, location, emails, etc. from HR system. Then compose a CSV file to send to the On-Prem Agent location.
  2. Then execute a PowerShell Script to use the CSV file and place users in the right groups.

Challenge:

• I am not a fan of anything on-prem 😊 .
  • PowerShell Script violate the low-code motto.
  • Sometimes I noticed that not all the users are added properly due to unknown reason on Microsoft end. I have to set up another recipe to monitor the result + check if there is any consistency.

Workato’s role in this workflow is primarily getting data from HR. It doesn’t play an important role in adding people to distribution groups.

I am wondering how others do it. Thank you for your time in sharing your ideas.

0 REPLIES 0