Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On Prem Agent HA

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hello pros,

I would like to pick your brains about on prem group HA. According to the doc, the config.yml file will need to be identical on all agents.

Challenge: it requires us to manually copy and paste on different machine and restart the service. Also if it uses on-prem scripts or on-prem files, we wil need to make sure they are there.

What is a recommended approach? Use a network share? Box? Google Drive to centralise the config and files?

I feel like the HA makes it easier to be broken if we miss a step.

Look forward to your ideas. Thank you.

Gordon

4 REPLIES 4

dferguson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

We are using docker where we can. But some clients can do that, so they are stuck with the update process you describe.

jayesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Gordon,

Our recommendation would be to use a network share across the machines.

ryan-stewart
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

we tried using a network share, however because we were also encrypting passwords and the encryption keys are unique to each agent, it was impossible to keep all the files in sync automatically without breaking encryption keys on one or the other agents. We also ran into a problem where repeated actions were alternating between agents which broke those flows.

Ultimately we were not able to use a HA pair of on prem agents

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. It makes the HA sounds like HM - high maintenance haha.

I think we will stick to one agent for now. Havenโ€™t had much issues yet.

Have a great weekend all!

Gordon