cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reverting changes in SFTP connection settings (versioning)

alek-oleszkiewi
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi, someone accidentaly changed all settings in an SFTP connection, so recipes using it don't work any longer.

Unfortunately, it seems that we don't have the server name or credentials that were used previously (the person who set it up left the company).

It will take a while to figure out and restore all previous settings, so I wonder if there is a way to revert changes to the previous version directly in Workato?

I didn't find anything in the UI.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

One of my feedback to the Workato Product team was versioning of assets other than recipes. This is a good use case for versioning of connections. We have also had issues with common models, pub-sub topics and probably a few more that escape me right now.

Do you have manifests that deployed the connection from DEV to TEST to PROD? You could consider obtaining the working version from the relevant manifest.

alek-oleszkiewi
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thanks Gary, I'm now investigating if there were any manifests or backups made back when all this was created.

tara1
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

+1 to a system of versioning - While restricted access to creating/editing connections is possible when you have the package with multiple environments (DEV, TEST, PROD), roles and permissions are not standard without it.