cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slack actions failing for private channels

jeff-sutton
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

We started getting channel_not_found when inviting users with the Slack action to private conversations. We are using the new (non-deprecated) slack actions. This was working fine until last night.

14 REPLIES 14

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Jeff,

My experience with private channel is that the the bot/service user will need to be in the channel. Did u remember how those private channels were created and if the bots were still inside?

Related topics: during annual api key rotation, we regenerated the key, uninstalled and re-installed the custom app in order for some tokens to be regenerated. As a result, the bot was removed from all channels - particularly the private ones. It was a pain to add them back ๐Ÿ˜…. So...the lesson is ... plan ahead. 

Gordon

Curious... How did you guys end up planning ahead to avoid this issue in the future?

torourke
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Not sure if this helps at all but we had the same issue. Our recipe creates a public channel when a P1 incident occurred and then invites the users who were on-call. The create slack channel action was working but the invite users action was not and was giving a misleading error of channel_not_found. I created a custom api call for the invite user action instead of using the workato built one and then the error went away and our recipe is working again.

amanda1
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Jeff Sutton, Will Balson, Deepak M, thank you for raising this. We have identified an issue with the Slack connector action "Invite users to conversation" and are working on a fix ASAP.

jeff-sutton
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thanks Amanda!

We have also created a custom action (as Tony did) but we use this action in dozens of recipes and changing all of them will take hours. I'm sure it's best practice to use variables for everything, but we pull data pills from actions and creating a custom action breaks all the following steps, whuch we then have to identify and resolve.

Since the Slack connector is an essential part of our (and I assume many) automations, I hope this is resolved asap.