cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement Generation With Netsuite

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 5, 2021] Sean Duggan (Financial Systems Administrator at Catalant Technologies) posted:

Has anyone used Workato to generate statements to send to customers through Netsuite?  If so, how have you accomplished this?  I am open to using the standard Netsuite functionality to create statements off a customer account but I imagine I would need a custom script to store those in the File Cabinet?  Then I can access those files with workato.  However, I am very open to other solutions if people have solved for this before!

Ideally, I would be able to use workato to send weekly or every other week to our customers.

3 REPLIES 3

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 5, 2021] Joe Blanchett (Product Manager, Finance Systems at Seat Geek) replied:

Sean, NetSuite’s Dunning Module works well for this. You should also be able to use a mass update.

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 5, 2021] Sean Duggan (Financial Systems Administrator at Catalant Technologies) replied: Thanks Joe, were you able to use the Dunning module to send all invoices including the non-overdue? When I select the customer option it includes all overdue, but it doesn't bring in Credits/unapplied payments/non-overdue invoices.  

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 6, 2021] Mike Flynn (Principal Software Engineer at Rapid7): We generate invoices in NetSuite, and then use Workato to send those invoices to a platform called VersaPay (which handles all the dunning rules for different types of invoices).  VersaPay also allows customers to log in and see all their current and past invoices/payments, and also apply payments to invoices (we call it the Customer Payment Portal).  Workato handles all the setup of invoices, customers, contacts, recording payments back into NetSuite, and reconciliation between the 2 systems.

There was a lot of manual work for dunning by our RevOps team which is why they wanted to use another system to manage all that work.  There is no more manual processing by our RevOps team related to sending out invoices or dunning or recording payments entered through VersaPay.