Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workbot for Teams

dana-rozani
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi everyone (:

My name is Dans and I'm new to Workbot for Teams. I have a question for those of you who already use it:

We have separate environments in WK (dev and prod) but in Teams, there is only one workspace, and the connector can only be active in one of WK env at any given time.

This means that if we want to create a new recipe or update an existing one, we must deactivate the connector in prod (as a result, all the Workbot recipes won't be available for the users) so that we can activate the connector in dev for development and testing purposes. This can take hours and even days in which the users can't use the bot.

Am I missing something?

How do you manage the environments?

Do you know if it's possible to create a dev workspace in Teams to avoid it? Or any other solution?

Thank you!

Dana

4 REPLIES 4

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We have a separate O365 environment for testing. We enabled Teams for a couple of test users and we connected Workato Dev to this tenant. This is the only way we found to be able to have 2 connections to Teams from 2 different environments.

Will be happy to hear other's options.

Thank you Manuel, seems like it could be a good solution for us.

I hope it's possible, I'll discuss this with our IT team. Tnx!

brian-haskins
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

It is also the same for Slack. We needed two encironments to be able to test in one and deploy in production.

Yes exactly. We've created an additional workspace in Slack, and connected it to our dev user. But with Teams is not that simple, I don't know yet if it's even possible...