Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workspace Management

TilakBhatia
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi Everyone, 

I have a scenario in which I want to isolate the collaborator access as "Operator" and only in the production environment. However, the collaborator received the error message as following when he tried to swicth the account from personal workspace to the team's workspace

TilakBhatia_1-1706180023622.png

However, when the same "Operator" role is assigned in all the three ( Dev, Test, Prod) he manages to switch the account and access the environments based on the role provided. Can anyone please advise whether this is a default "Operator" role behaviour that access should be granted in all the environments? Let me know if there's any dependancy and if a cutomised role could be the potential solution for that. Thanks for Advance 

Regards, 

Tilak Bhatia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gibson-cabello
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Tilak,

The expected behavior is that users/collaborators should have access to the DEV environment, as when switching to the Team Workspace, it will be automatically routed to the DEV environment.

gibsoncabello_0-1708322314065.png

The current architecture and main logic of environments support the idea that most users have access to DEV, less to TEST, and a few to PROD.

To avoid this switching error, kindly provide minimum permission for the DEV environment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

gibson-cabello
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Tilak,

The expected behavior is that users/collaborators should have access to the DEV environment, as when switching to the Team Workspace, it will be automatically routed to the DEV environment.

gibsoncabello_0-1708322314065.png

The current architecture and main logic of environments support the idea that most users have access to DEV, less to TEST, and a few to PROD.

To avoid this switching error, kindly provide minimum permission for the DEV environment.

TilakBhatia
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

HI @gibson-cabello , 

Thanks for the insight, appreciate it. 

Regards, 

Tilak Bhatia.