cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

December Automation Institute Pro of the Month + an honorable mention!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome back to Automation Institute's Pro of the Month series, where we showcase a dedicated learner on Automation Institute, award them an exclusive badge, and ask them a bit about their automation journey.

• The selection criteria are: 
  1. Being active on Automation Institute in the given month
  2. Having the most courses completed in the given month
  3. Other usage considerations

Iโ€™m excited to announce that the winner of the December Automation Institute Pro of the Month award is:

• Thomas Carrier - 10k Expert

December 2023.jpg

How did learning about automation impact your professional career/goals/aspirations?

• As a Salesforce consultant, I must keep a pulse on innovative ISVs like Workato to deliver the most impactful solutions to my clients. I would like to thank Workato for the recognition and the excellent course content that made learning about the latest in Enterprise Automation an enjoyable experience. I also want to recognize 10K and their ISV Partner Program for introducing me to Workato's automation solutions. 10K's commitment to bringing continuous learning opportunities to their community of experts has been a game-changer for my professional growth and consulting business.

What was your favorite course you took from the Automation Institute? Why?

• Of course, as a Salesforce Architect, the ones focusing on connecting various systems with Salesforce were quite interesting to me, and the โ€œAutomation Pro IIIโ€  course was critical in preparing for the certification. With that said, considering Slack will obviously continue its exponential growth in 2024, I think I would have to choose โ€œEnterprise Workbot for Slackโ€, if I had to choose only one. Really though, the Workato Automation Institute covers so many critical topics for companies, such as โ€œAPI Platformโ€, โ€œEnterprise Data Hubโ€, and โ€œHTTP Connector.โ€ Itโ€™s hard to limit this answer to just one favorite.

What is the one thing you're most proud of when it comes to implementing automation?

• Iโ€™ve been automating business processes for customers my entire career. I love solving their everyday problems, and I enjoy building new things. I guess Iโ€™m most proud of the automations where customers mentioned that their teams or outside consultants said it couldnโ€™t be done, and they were surprised that I had delivered a solution even beyond their initial expectations. Those are the golf shots that always keep me coming back.

What advice would you give to others considering a career in automation?

• Enterprise Automation is a team sport. For your customers best interests, work hard, enjoy what you do, learn continuously, stay abreast of latest trends in automation by following leaders, like Workato, and find the team that complements your skills to climb swiftly together. Most importantly, constantly thank your team when you find them. Thank you, 10K!

We also want to recognize Shivakumara Avadhani from Twenty20 Systems as an honorable mention for their consistent course work on Automation Insitute!

Honorable Mention (1).jpg

We also asked @shivakumara about their thoughts on these questions:

How did learning about automation impact your professional career/goals/aspirations?
Learning about automation significantly influenced my professional trajectory and aspirations. It empowered me to streamline workflows, enhance productivity, and optimize processes in ways that positively impacted my career growth. Understanding automation's potential allowed me to adapt to evolving industry standards, making me a more versatile and efficient professional. It fueled my ambitions by opening doors to innovative solutions and the ability to contribute meaningfully to my organization's success.

What was your favorite course you took from the Automation Institute? Why?
I thoroughly enjoyed the "SDK Connector Development" course from the Automation Institute. It became my favorite due to its in-depth exploration of creating custom connectors using SDKs (Software Development Kits). This course provided an invaluable understanding of building connectors tailored to specific platforms, enabling seamless integration and enhancing the functionality of automation tools. The hands-on experience and practical knowledge gained were instrumental in expanding my capabilities to develop custom connectors, empowering me to bridge diverse systems efficiently.

What is the one thing you're most proud of when it comes to implementing automation?
One of the most fulfilling aspects of implementing automation is its incredible adaptability. It's awe-inspiring to witness how automation seamlessly integrates into diverse facets of an organization, simplifying tasks across departments and functions. Whether it's optimizing financial processes, streamlining marketing strategies, or enhancing operational workflows, automation proves its versatility by revolutionizing various aspects of the business. This multifaceted transformation and the way it revolutionizes workflows across the organization brings a deep sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

What advice would you give to others considering a career in automation?

For those eyeing a career in automation:

a. Stay Curious:
           Keep learning about new technologies and tools in automation. It's a fast-evolving field, so curiosity is key!
b. Practice, Practice, Practice:
           Get hands-on experience by trying out different automation projects. The more you practice, the better you'll become.
c. Never Stop Learning:
           Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements. Continuous learning is crucial in automation!
d. Problem-solving Mindset:
            Develop a knack for problem-solving. Automation often involves finding creative solutions to complex challenges.
e. Network & Collaborate:
            Connect with others in the field, join communities, and collaborate on projects. Networking opens doors and fosters growth.

Congrats to Thomas on being our December winner and to Shivakumara for the honorable mention!

If you hope to be featured as the next Automation Institute Pro of the Month, continue learning and getting certified via Automation Institute and keep your eye out for an email around the beginning of the month.

1 REPLY 1

shivakumara
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

@Anonymous  Delighted to be awarded an Honorable Mention for the month of December. Simultaneously, I express my gratitude to Workato and the entire team for their unwavering support.