Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD LDAP connector

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Pros,

I haven’t used LDAP connector extensively in the past. Just began to learn and was overwhelmed by how many fields there were.

I was trying to do two simple things - list users in an OU, list users in a group. But I couldn’t achieve that within mins. I think the ease of Okta connector has spoiled me in the past 🤣.

Any pros can share some tips when using LDAP? Do you find that you have to type all the CN, DN, etc cumbersome?

Thank you for your tips! Happy Friday.

Gordon

8 REPLIES 8

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Totally not as easy as Okta.

We find that yes, we always have to enter the full CN. We had some issues also at the beginning setting up the connection.

We currently have an open case with Support beecause we are not able to get data pills for all the properties. Eg. in the users we have a property for mobilePhone, and one custom one called exchLocation. When we query the users, we can see the data in the log in both fields, but we cannot get data pills for them when reading data, and don't see input fields when trying to update users.

I am with you, it is a lot more painful and cumbersome.

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

I am looking at a tool named Adaxes. It looks like a “workato” tool specifically for AD.

Pros: it is “morel GUI based like workato. UI is old. But at least, I don’t have to write a lot of code.

Cons: it is not serverless.

Feature request for workato: if Workato can combine the pros of Adaxes and its serverless recipe config in the cloud, that would be super ❤️

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Tridivesh Sarangi hoping you guys have some good plans for this one.

tridivesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Manuel Roldan-Vega Gordon Hu - thanks for sharing. Will check our AD roadmap and respond.