cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Netsuite connector role/permissions update

jason1
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

If a Netsuite connector is initialized and the attached Netsuite role is subsequently updated with a new or updated permission, I've noticed that the connector isn't made aware of this change either immediately or after a few minutes.

I couldn't find anything in the docs around this, but are the permissions cached somehow? If so, does the permission cache get updated after some fixed amount of time? Or is it necessary to instantiate a new connection altogether?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

pam
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Jason - I've come across this many times while working with NetSuite and modifying user permissions. It can take up to 24 hours for the change to be seen in Workato. My understanding is that this is a NetSuite issue, not Workato. Lately I've seen the change propagated within a few hours. Also, try the Refresh button in your recipe.

jblanchett
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

You should be using an access token which is linked to the role you are updating. Therefore when you make the role change the access token should respect the new role permissions. I've seen it take anywhere from a few minutes to 15 min for NetSuite to respect the new role permissions on web services request. If you disconnect and reconnect the NetSuite connection in Workato, that usually makes everything work right away.

sduggan
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I've also seen this on tokens and refreshing the schema in the recipe fixed a role update for me.