Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD LDAP connector

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Pros,

I haven’t used LDAP connector extensively in the past. Just began to learn and was overwhelmed by how many fields there were.

I was trying to do two simple things - list users in an OU, list users in a group. But I couldn’t achieve that within mins. I think the ease of Okta connector has spoiled me in the past 🤣.

Any pros can share some tips when using LDAP? Do you find that you have to type all the CN, DN, etc cumbersome?

Thank you for your tips! Happy Friday.

Gordon

8 REPLIES 8

cheekeong-leow
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I have similar use case. My approach to it is that i created a web api as a connector between workato and my company LDAP. The webapi function as enabler for staff to reset his/her AD password. We can strike a conversation on the design if you are interested

eeshan
Workato employee
Workato employee

Manuel Roldan-Vega Gordon Hu Chee Keong thank you for the feedback. We are working on some connector enhancements to improve the experience. In particular, we want to simplify the "Sample entry DN" step. It is indeed a friction point.

The suggestion is a good one. LDAP tools make use of a folder-like interface that makes it easy to explore entries in the directory, especially when the user is not an AD admin with perfect knowledge of the full directory. We intend to incorporate these elements into the upcoming enhancements.

Thank you ❤️

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Anyone actually “successfully” listed users in an OU? I don’t think the connector can do that. It’s returning nothing, or weird things