Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling recipe from other appliction like Control M

nitinstugave
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi ,

We have a use case where we want the Recipe to be called from Other Application like Control - M , to create different dependecy of jobs , One job upon complition can be called the next job , in case of failure dont call . 

How can we do these , Can we call Workato Receipy from Control M application 

Regards,

Nitin Tugave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abhishek
Workato employee
Workato employee

There should be a couple of ideas you can try out but they'll depend on what the Control M application supports. Usually, you'd want to use a webhook that Control M can post to and that would kick off the job but you could opt for using API Platform depending on the requirements. 

A webhook immediately gives a 200 OK response and doesn't tell us about the job's completion status so you may want to implement some logic to account for that. I'd say reach out to your CSM/AC for further help on solutioning.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Abhishek
Workato employee
Workato employee

There should be a couple of ideas you can try out but they'll depend on what the Control M application supports. Usually, you'd want to use a webhook that Control M can post to and that would kick off the job but you could opt for using API Platform depending on the requirements. 

A webhook immediately gives a 200 OK response and doesn't tell us about the job's completion status so you may want to implement some logic to account for that. I'd say reach out to your CSM/AC for further help on solutioning.