cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Create/Update in Bulk NetSuite Actions

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 2, 2020] Joe Blanchett (Product Manager, Finance Systems at Seat Geek) posted:

Hi Automation Pros,

Has anyone had any luck w/ using any of theCreate/Update Records in Bulk actions in the NetSuite Connector? I've tried a few times but have never got it to work - the job just hangs in aProcessingstate until I eventually cancel the job.

Actions I've tried, all w/ the same results.

• Create Custom Records in Bulk
  • Update Custom Records in Bulk
  • Create Standard Records in Bulk
  • Update Standard Records in Bulk

Let me know if you've gotten this to work - would love to chat!

7 REPLIES 7

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 2, 2020] Sean Duggan (Financial Systems Administrator at Catalant Technologies) replied:

Hi Joe,

How many records are you attempting to update in bulk?

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 3, 2020] Kyle Tan (CSM at Workato) replied:

Hey Joe,

Was it attempted via a test job, by any chance? You might need to "start" the recipe for the long running action to work. The jobs status will probably also update in 5 minute intervals as Workato checks the bulk requests to see if they're completed.

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 3, 2020] Joe Blanchett (Product Manager, Finance Systems at Seat Geek) replied:

Thanks Kyle - that was it! I have 1000 records in step 4 and I'm repeating in batches of 100 in step 5, then calling NetSuite bulk update in step 6 below. Do you know if Workato will make the calls in step 6 at the same time, then catch each async response in the next 5 minute checkAsyncStatus call? Or will the setup below lead to 1 call + checkAsyncStatus every 5 minutes (meaning a total time = 50 min)? If the latter, the bulk update probably isn't the way to go with this.

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 3, 2020] Kyle Tan (CSM at Workato) replied:

From a quick glance at the recipe, it appears that we won't need to split them up into batches. You should be able to put the rows straight into the bulk action ๐Ÿ™‚ The connector will figure out how to batch them up so they're processed as quickly as possible.