cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error handling

nvinay091
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

How to add error handling for the entire environment?
If it's for a single Recipe we can do, But how to do it for the entire Environment??

8 REPLIES 8

pavan-narayan
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hey

You can try using RecipeOps you can monitor the entire recipes in the environment

max-knutsson
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Its possible if you filter the recipie failure, by (1) the folder where they are located or (2) naming convention like "fn" prefix, RecipeOps connector does not have today a flag for callable/not callable. However good thing is that If a recipe fails because its callable failed, the RecipeOps will pickup both , here is a screenshot where I filter on simply doing "contains" "Fn" as naming convention, or I could do this by specific folder name

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Each of our recipes publish an error message to a Pub-Sub topic if an error is encountered that cannot be resolved by the recipe on-error repeat process. We have a common service we built that subscribes to the error message topic and performs the necessary actions. Now, Workato has the Autonomous Operations Framework (AOF) that we are evaluating and will likely migrate to from our custom solution. Also, as others have mentioned, recipe ops can take your operational resiliency to another level beyond the retry logic.

tridivesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Narayana . - You can check out this product hour session to get some guidance on how to set up error handling at a recipe vs workspace level, and also building a framework for monitoring and recovery: