cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting/Importing recipes best practices

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 12, 2020] Mike Power (CRM Enterprise Architect at American University) posted:

Does anyone have “best practices” or steps they follow when it comes to properly exporting recipes/dependencies and then importing them into their test or prod environment in Workato?  We’re still relatively new to Workato and thus far our few attempts have had a lot of recipes being duplicated, extra connections being created, dependencies being pulled in that aren’t needed or haven’t changed, etc.

It's been a bit messy, which makes me think we’re just doing something wrong.

13 REPLIES 13

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 18, 2020] Mike Power (CRM Enterprise Architect at American University) replied: Thanks for the response Deven. When will the new recipe lifecycle experience be available?

It sounds like a better experience, though I don’t think it solves the problem of having the ability to export (only) for source control?

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 19, 2020] Deven Maru (CSM at Workato) replied: Mike, in your process, do you want to check into source control before the deployment? We are targeting the new enhancements in the first half of next year.

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Dec 19, 2020] Mike Power (CRM Enterprise Architect at American University) replied: I think comparing the recipe to be pushed out before it is deployed can be helpful b/c that way you can confirm that the only changes in the package are the ones you expected.

jessica-lie
Workato employee
Workato employee

[Jan 9, 2021] Deven Maru (CSM at Workato) replied: We have visual diff in the roadmap. At this time I do not have an ETA but will look into it to see where it fits in the prioritization.

[Jan 9, 2021] John Zink from Bain Capital replied: I second that!  If it worked for versions history of a recipe that’d be great as well.