cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Pros,

alexgeorge50
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I am working on a most common use case scenario where I have to sync cases from salesforce to Jira. But how to dynamically assign project in Jira.

When a case is updated, the case object contains jira projectKey field as a custom field. How can i use that project key to create or update an issue in Jira.

Can I get some resources regarding this. FYKI I am new to workato.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

lcury
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hey Alex,

It sounds like you're trying to use the standard JIRA connector available in Workato.

In order to do what you're trying to do, you will have to switch the Toggle Field from field "Project issue type" where it reads "Select from list" to "Enter project and issue type".

You will see the hint updates to "Enter project key and issue type separated by 2 hyphens '--', e.g.ABC--Bugfor project key 'ABC' and issue type 'Bug'."

So now in the field you will use the Data pill from Salesforce for the custom field you have the projectKey and then you will have to choose the issue type and concatenate it in front of it according to the hint.

I've attached a sample to demonstrate how your input should look like.

You can find some examples from JIRA API documentation here.

Have you done Workato Academy training "Transforming Data with Formulas"?

Once you start getting used to use the data pills in your recipes, this course should give you a good idea on next steps.

I hope this helps.

LC

LC

alexgeorge50
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thank you Lucas!

How could I not think of this! You are spot on,