cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to give input to recipe?

naveenthurga201
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I have a requirement where my user needs to give inputs to recipe when they start like give me records from today to next 6 months ?
How can we do this like how can we configure recipe to accept inputs ?

8 REPLIES 8

Yes. I would be wary about what you give users access to, though. You only want users to have access to the right set of folders and permissions. You also only want authorized users to have access to more global settings such as lookup tables, properties, etc.

dcornwell
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I'd look at whether you have any other systems which users already use which Workato can be connected to. One of those could have forms functonality (or some kind of object creation) which could trigger the Workato recipe to run using their entered data as input.

Other than that, some other kind of forms solution where authenticated users can submit requests to trigger the recipe.

There's also Workato's 'People Task' functionality. Not very experienced with that but maybe it would let users input data that the recipe would then use.

james-ng
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

If users have access to Workato, they can provide inputs in Properties (Tools -> Properties). Then the recipe can work using the data pills from Properties (get data pills from the step before step 1)

naveenthurga201
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thanks for all suggestions