cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Salesforce Real-Time Trigger for monitor changes in a record

JayanthMP
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Team, I trust this message finds you well.

We are encountering an issue with the Salesforce real-time trigger for monitoring changes in a record. We are specifically monitoring the "ContentDocument" object in Salesforce. When updating files within the content document, we've observed that if we upload two files simultaneously, there are instances where we receive only one job, while other times we receive both jobs.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

gibson-cabello
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Jayanth,

Thanks for reaching out!

You mentioned you're using the using the monitor changes trigger event in Salesforce.

If you want to pick up Content Document uploaded in your SF account, you can use the New/Updated Object Trigger.

gibsoncabello_0-1705297613053.png

Using this trigger event, it should pick up each file as an individual job.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

Hi Jayanth,

There's a new/updated record trigger in real-time.

gibsoncabello_0-1705987179631.png

You need to configure an SF Outbound Message and Flow to make this work.

You can follow this documentation for more info: https://docs.workato.com/connectors/salesforce/real-time-triggers.html#new-new-updated-object-real-t...

Thank you!

Gibson

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

gibson-cabello
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Jayanth,

Thanks for reaching out!

You mentioned you're using the using the monitor changes trigger event in Salesforce.

If you want to pick up Content Document uploaded in your SF account, you can use the New/Updated Object Trigger.

gibsoncabello_0-1705297613053.png

Using this trigger event, it should pick up each file as an individual job.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

brian-haskins
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

One thing to note is that New/Updated does not pick up Deleted objects. You have to have Deleted job as well. 

We found this with an integration that was not sending data when an Account Team member was deleted. You may not need the deleted job but more of a FYI. 

JayanthMP
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

But I need a real-time trigger. The action you suggested above is not real-time right?

Hi Jayanth,

There's a new/updated record trigger in real-time.

gibsoncabello_0-1705987179631.png

You need to configure an SF Outbound Message and Flow to make this work.

You can follow this documentation for more info: https://docs.workato.com/connectors/salesforce/real-time-triggers.html#new-new-updated-object-real-t...

Thank you!

Gibson