cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing a CSV and hitting the 50K row limit

matt-kruzicki
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Is there a way to create multiple csv files to get around this limit of 50K records when using the Parse CSV action? I know there's a datapill to identify the list size but not sure how to set this up to only grab the first 50K records and parse them on the first file and then grab the next x amount of records and have them parsed on a second file.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

gary1
Executive Chef III
Executive Chef III

My understanding is 50k is not a hard limit, but the real limit is based on memory usage. I regularly use the CSV action on docs with 200k+ records without issue. You could also try using the SQL Collection, which is pretty much bulletproof when it comes to size limits.

If you really want to break it up into 50k chunks, I can provide some quick instructions after you confirm.

View solution in original post

Prajwal
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi @matt-kruzicki ,

I've found a solution for chunking large files (over 50K records). I utilized Google Drive to store the large CSV file and implemented a simple Python script to achieve this task. You can refer to the recipe linked below for more details and clarification:
Recipe Link: Chunking the csv file which has more than 50K records 

Let me know if you find this helpful.

Prajwal Prasanna

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Prajwal
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi @matt-kruzicki ,

I've found a solution for chunking large files (over 50K records). I utilized Google Drive to store the large CSV file and implemented a simple Python script to achieve this task. You can refer to the recipe linked below for more details and clarification:
Recipe Link: Chunking the csv file which has more than 50K records 

Let me know if you find this helpful.

Prajwal Prasanna

juliana-recio
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi, everyone! 

To handle CSVs with more than 50K rows, we suggest using the "Create list from CSV File" action via SQL Collection. It does not have a hard limit but will follow the platform-wide job timeout limit. 

img.jpg

Here's a test on a CSV with 500k rows :

imgg.jpg

This is the better option instead of chunking the file.

Prajwal Prasanna