Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce SOQL connector : nextRecordsUrl response

prp_proton
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hi,

When using the SOQL query on salesforce, it is not returning the entire data. Instead it is returning a variable nextRecordsUrl to fetch the rest of the data.

How can we get the entire data in one shot.

Also if to get the whole data is not possible, how to read the variable value of nextRecordsUrl as it is not show as variable in workato.  Only while checking the output in the job, able to see this variable.

Any suggestion on this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

@prp_protonYou should be able to use the "Search records in bulk using SOQL query (API 2.0) in Salesforce" action as a part of the Salesforce connector.  That way you'll get the entire result set streamed into a CSV and don't have to page through the results.

Hope that helps.

Reference:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_asynch.meta/api_asynch/queries.htm

View solution in original post

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @prp_proton ,

An alternate solution is using a formula to pluck the nextRecordsUrl as a datapill. See sample below:

marlonmuela_0-1695377934014.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

@prp_protonYou should be able to use the "Search records in bulk using SOQL query (API 2.0) in Salesforce" action as a part of the Salesforce connector.  That way you'll get the entire result set streamed into a CSV and don't have to page through the results.

Hope that helps.

Reference:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_asynch.meta/api_asynch/queries.htm

prp_proton
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

But bulk api does not support aggregated relationship. So, in that scenario what is the alternate solution?

Also I found that in workato, the nextRecordsUrl  variable does not show during design phase. Only it is shows in job report in json format.  So how can we get the urls details in workato to do a API call for the next time?

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @prp_proton ,

An alternate solution is using a formula to pluck the nextRecordsUrl as a datapill. See sample below:

marlonmuela_0-1695377934014.png