Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Social Media Monitor

br00578505
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Workato Community members,

Is there any way to monitor and access "Tech Mahindra" and its IT services related coverage in print, broadcast and social media to support the delivery of the daily news clipping, the production of media analysis, etc

Remember the URLs are not stable for each content.

Thank you

Narayana

4 REPLIES 4

max-knutsson
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Narayana, so the question is if Workato can support social media monitoring, right? daily news clipping also sounds more like web scraping of different news websites.

If we start with Twitter, there is a connector for that out of the box, also some LinkedIn, Other social media networks are quite restrictive in their APIs on what can be scraped, but we can still get out data from Facebook about your websites. Then everything else like websites, print, Workato can support if you already have the data scraped and crawled or if you are feeding it from things like Internet Archive. Here is an example for Twitter monitoring recipe https://app.workato.com/recipes/1709477-twitter-media-monitoring?community=true

Thanks Max for the response. I know some of the social media sites are restrictive.

zgilliam
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I'm a big Workato fan, but I don't think that Workato will be the best tool for this need. There are "media monitoring" software products that only do what you describe. It's a hard problem to solve, but they generally do a good job. Depending on the scale, there are agencies who can do this for you and layer in analysis as well.

Zach, i agree with you, We are estimating how far this can be done.