cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SurveyMonkey Document Download

dan-lowry
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I am working on a SurveyMonkey integration that is looking to download any documents (typically PDFs) that are loaded into response answers. I'm able to extract a"download_URL" value using "https://api.surveymonkey.net/v3/surveys/{Survey ID Datapill}/responses/{Respondent ID}/details?simple=true".

The document download URL retrieved is NOT an API endpoint, but rather can be navigated to for a direct automatic download (provided a user session is active).

When testing this using the "Get Files from URL" utility connector, the step does not error, but when I try and use the file contents to upload to another platform, I recieve an error that should not occur if the file was downloaded correctly initially.

"Get Files from URL" says it requires a publicly-accessible URL, but has anyone ever used it to extract a file from a platform you were previously authenticated for within that recipe? If not, any recommendations on how to download a file from an authenticated app that does not provide an API GET endpoint for that file.

5 REPLIES 5

roland-daane
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

What's the question?

Can "Get Files from URL" utility connector be used to extract a file from a platform you were previously authenticated for within that recipe? If not, any recommendations on how to download a file from an authenticated app that does not provide an API GET endpoint for that file. Just trying to see if I missed an outside the box possibility.

roland-daane
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Maybe an idea to embed some python which can download a file from a url.
The embed that python in a recipe.

Idea?

Definitely a possibility. I have been discussing that with my team, but wanted to see if there were any other known solutions before creating our own ruby or python script.