Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wait Activity in Recipe Function

sudheer-ambati
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Team,

Can we add wait activity in recipe function? Actually, I have a requirement to extract accounts from salesforce using bulk API v2. I have triggered the bulk API v2 and once it completes, I have to download the results and write to SFTP.

Here, I am using a for loop to check for the status of  bulk data job and wait for sometime until it gets completed. 

Thanks  & Regards,

Sudheer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gibson-cabello
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Sudheer,

If you have wait and bulk/batch actions on your recipe, you need to make sure that the recipe is running (STARTED) so the actions will be executed properly.

Wait and bulk/batch actions are considered long actions. Long actions require dedicated Workers to periodically check if the action is complete. This is not available in TEST mode.

For more info, you can check our documentation here.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ahanumantharaya
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi Sudheer,
You can have wait action for this here is the link with detailed explanation https://www.workato.com/product-hub/make-waiting-simple-with-wait-actions/

Thanks.

sudheer-ambati
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thanks for your reply!

I already went through this. The actual problem that I am facing is, when I trigger the recipe function, it is stopping at the wait and isn't moving forward even after the defined wait is over. It is in halted state until I cancel the job manually.

Have you encountered similar issue earlier?

Thanks & Regards,

Sudheer

Sudheer, can you post screenshot please?
Can you also make sure that wait time is correct?

prashantrai
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

I am facing the same issue. I did use the Scheduler Action and added a wait time of around 60 seconds. 

The job seemed to be stuck after the first loop.

I waited for an hour, kept it at the backend; When I checked again it was still running and stuck at that step.

I had to cancel it in the end.