Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workato connectors auth through API

alberto_deavila
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello! 

I'm very nubie using Workato, so sorry if it's a dumb question. 
I wonder if it's possible to create an external app that interacts with Workable through the API and being able to configure the authentication for the Connectors through the API. I've seen that you can generate schemas from JSON or create custom oauth profiles but not sure if any will work. 

Basically what I want to create is an app where the users can have a button that will launch the auth process for an app, like Slack or Google Drive, and pick that auth info, and embebed it on Workato  to be able to execute recipes.

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kkamal
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hello Alberto, 
Yes that is possible. What you looking for is an Embedded Connection Widget (documented here ) . Using the connection widget you can have a button inside your app which will launch another window for a connection to be established by the end user by their own credentials.

Regards, 
Karun Kamal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kkamal
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hello Alberto, 
Yes that is possible. What you looking for is an Embedded Connection Widget (documented here ) . Using the connection widget you can have a button inside your app which will launch another window for a connection to be established by the end user by their own credentials.

Regards, 
Karun Kamal

Cool! Thanks for the reply Karun! 
And is it possible to do it without an iframe? 

I've also seen that there is documentation about full embedded implementation here but it keeps using an iframe. 

Thanks! 

What I remember about the implementation is that You (Partner) need to first craete JWTs using the secret token shared from the Workato Team for your Workato Account. [That JWT will then authenticate api calls for the workato account] (OEM/Customer). Using that token you create JWT direct link url, the url needs to be then loaded into an Iframe Element from your Partner Application. Then your partner app can receive all those javasript post message events if the auth was successful later. 

regards to your question if "is it possible to do it without an iframe? " - I believe it wont be possible without iframe as it is mentioned as pre requisite

I would also highly recommend you to open Support ticket from within Workato UI help widget. Or even better to connect with your account executive and TA to get help with implmentation details.

Disclaimer - I m just tryna help as a Workato Enthusiast, I'm not from workato team