cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce "Content Delivery Network" CDN

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

in SFDC we have been getting this message that there is a new CDN feature that will hopefully speed up UI screens where they will cache images etc. closer to remote users. Right now, SFDC is “asking” orgs to enable it but what I heard at last weeks user group is it will become mandatory sometime in the future.  The biggest concern is with some domain names changing which causes some issues with automation as well as firewalls. I don’t believe we have any issues with the automation but was thinking we might want to enable it before we do any Epicor Studio Automation(Workato).... has anyone had any issues with Workato and this feature in regard to domains? We are migrating to Cloud this week so the next 30 days or so we will be getting busy with Workato syncing up Epicor and SFDC I'd prefer not to add any more variables into the mix now but don't want to complicate things down the road.

for reference here is the note about the firewall

The CDN also changes the source domain that serves the files. If your company has IP range restrictions for content served from Salesforce, test thoroughly before enabling this setting.

If you experience any issues, ask your IT department if your company’s firewall blocks any Akamai CDN content. Your IT department should ensure that https://static.lightning.force.com is added to any allowlist or firewall that your company operates. You can ping static.lightning.force.com, but you can’t browse directly to the root URL at https://static.lightning.force.com.

for reference here's a link to the feature   Enable CDN to Load Lightning Experience Faster | Salesforce Developers Blog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @johnw ,

This is Marlon from the support team.
I have checked this feature with our Product team and it will not affect the SFDC connector.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @johnw ,

This is Marlon from the support team.
I have checked this feature with our Product team and it will not affect the SFDC connector.