cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW ๐ŸŽ‰ Granular Role-Based Access Control in the Embedded Admin Console

colleenschaal
Workato employee
Workato employee

Embedded Admins can now grant varying access rights to different features of the Embedded Admin Console, including granular permissions to view, manage or delete Customer Accounts, Customer Managers, and Shared Connectors, as well as view or manage permissions to Usage Metrics and other settings. These permissions can be found when creating a custom Collaborator Role within the Admin workspace.

โžก๏ธ Learn more about Granular Role-Based Access Control in the Embedded Admin Console

3 REPLIES 3

vkelly
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

I am struggling to find documentation on defining the roles for the Customer Managers in each environment (DEV, TEST, PROD).  They should have access to all Projects/Customers but limited access to PROD, limited access to DEV and full access to TEST.  Following the documentation I am only allowed to assign them a single role for all 3 environments.

vkelly
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Note:  I understand I can remove them as customer managers and invite them as collaborators with environment specific roles but then we would have to invite them to each project and individually invite each user.

Hi there! Currently, Customer Managers are assigned the same role across all three environments (DEV, TEST, PROD) by default. If you need to provide different Collaborator roles for each environment, you would need to add the Collaborator individually to each Customer workspace (not as Customer Manager) and then specify the Collaborator role per each environment. This is available using our UI or our APIs.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out!