Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ability to port recipes across different teams

edgar_elias
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi,

I have built an integration comprised of multiple recipes, properties, and lookup tables in a team hosted in the Europe environment. I need to port the integration (recipes, properties, and lookup tables) to a different team in the Europe environment and to a different team in the North American environment.

Workato doesn't allow cloning (or copying & pasting) recipes across teams or environments. Is there a way to speed up or automate the porting process besides manually porting the integration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

javier-riesco
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Edgar, do you have Recipe Lifecycle Management available in your workspace? You can find it under the Tools menu. If you do, you can use Recipe Lifecycle Management to export a package that includes all the necessary assets (recipes, connections, lookup tables) from the source Workspace in the EU datacenter. Then, you can import the same package into the destination Workspace (EU or US datacenter) using the Recipe Lifecycle Management tool.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

javier-riesco
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Edgar, do you have Recipe Lifecycle Management available in your workspace? You can find it under the Tools menu. If you do, you can use Recipe Lifecycle Management to export a package that includes all the necessary assets (recipes, connections, lookup tables) from the source Workspace in the EU datacenter. Then, you can import the same package into the destination Workspace (EU or US datacenter) using the Recipe Lifecycle Management tool.

shivakumara
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

@javier-riesco @edgar_elias  add on to the provided solution, make sure that re-connect the application connection as currently Workato not support establishment of connection one's we deploy/import packages to another workspace or to higher environment. Hope these points helps.

Connector Sharing:

• If the recipes include custom connectors or apps, you might need to share these connectors across teams/environments. Workato allows sharing of custom connectors between different Workato accounts.

When migrating between teams/environments, ensure:

• Both teams/environments have the required connections, apps, and permissions set up for the recipes to function correctly.
  • Connections in the new environment are updated to match the configurations from the original environment to maintain functionality.