cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Access Recipe Properties from Custom Actions

jimbarryatpanda
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

when building a custom action, Is there a way to access the calling recipe properties*** ?

something like this would be great, but *_dp* does not compile:

_dp('{"pill_type":"job_context","path":["master_job_id"]}')

*** specifically, the properties that are interactively available in the default "properties" object, such as [Recipe ID], [Recipe name], [Recipe path], [Master job id], [Calling recipe id], ...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

gary1
Executive Chef III
Executive Chef III

You can't access them directly. Just make input parameters and pass them into the action.

View solution in original post

gary1
Executive Chef III
Executive Chef III

This is how data pills are encoded. Copy a data pill from the Workato UI and paste them into a text editor.

=_dp('{"pill_type":"output","provider":"workato_variable","line":"11c43824","path":["amount"]}')

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shivakumara
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hi @jimbarryatpanda ,

Can you please give more details about " but *_dp* does not compile:" so that I can help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

Shivakumara Avadhani

gary1
Executive Chef III
Executive Chef III

This is how data pills are encoded. Copy a data pill from the Workato UI and paste them into a text editor.

=_dp('{"pill_type":"output","provider":"workato_variable","line":"11c43824","path":["amount"]}')

gary1
Executive Chef III
Executive Chef III

You can't access them directly. Just make input parameters and pass them into the action.

jimbarryatpanda
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

yes,  I am trying to access facts about the calling recipe properties directly, without creating an input parameter and manually assigning the value.  I am doing this now and wanted to remove the input parameter.   

This is a feature request for the Custom Connector SDK. 

Maybe all the "properties" from the calling recipe (including the action step-number) could be passed into a hash for easy access??

I need values like the following:

• [calling action step number],
  • [Recipe ID],
  • [Recipe name],
  • [Recipe path],
  • [Master job id],
  • [Calling recipe id], ...