Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Azure Data Lake

flo2024
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello,

What connector do we use to connect to Azure Data Lake. Would it be the same as Azure Blob Storage?

https://docs.workato.com/connectors/azure_blob_storage.html#create-your-workato-connection

What are the limitations when connecting to the Azure Data Lake? As Azure Data Lake has hierarchal aspect to it

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

flo2024
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Follow-up

What connector do I use to connect to an Azure LogicApp API?

ndy
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Dear, @flo2024 

Q: What connector do we use to connect to Azure Data Lake?
A: To connect to Azure Data Lake in Workato, you can indeed use the Azure Blob Storage connector, there are some limitations due to the hierarchical nature of Azure Data Lake Storage.
or you could use Workatoโ€™s HTTP Connector to interact directly with the Azure Data Lake Storage REST API, this allows you to fully utilize the hierarchical capabilities and other advanced features.

Q: What are the limitations when connecting to the Azure Data Lake?
A:

• Limited Hierarchical Features: The Azure Blob Storage connector doesn't natively support directory-based operations (like traversing directory structures) that are key in Data Lake Storage Gen2. You can still interact with files (blobs), but managing and accessing files in nested directories may require additional logic.
  • Lack of Support for Advanced Features: Features specific to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and other security features may not be fully supported by the Blob Storage connector.
  • Performance Considerations: If you're working with massive amounts of data (common in Data Lake scenarios), the Blob Storage connector may have some performance limitations compared to using specialized data lake connectors that support hierarchical data structures.

Q: What connector do I use to connect to an Azure Logic App API?
A: Use Workato's HTTP Connector to interact with Azure Logic Apps via their HTTP API. Configure the appropriate method (GET, POST, etc.), authentication, and body parameters to trigger Logic App workflows or retrieve data.

Nguyen Duc Y