cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backing up Job History

jblanchett
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

What are folks using to back up their workato job history? We aren't currently backing up our job history, but need to start doing so. I would imagine tools Datadog, Snowflake, etc would be good for this. What's everyone using? Do you like it? Let me know!

8 REPLIES 8

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Joe, you can use the log streaming feature to backup the job history to external source like S3 or any other log service provider like Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic etc. The log streaming feature supports any cloud based logging service that has an HTTP based ingestion endpoint. Here in this example I've configured job history and user activity to stream to Datadog.

Thanks Deven! I'm aware of the event streaming feature, just curious where folks are streaming to. I thought Datadog might be a popular option.

kkrivonos
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi, Joe!

There is also an alternative way for this, such as putting the assembled log payload to DWH. It can be done using callable recipe from any recipe you want with the payload you want to put in it and table name as parameters.

This seems more complicated way but if you already have a DWH, you don't need other tools for this

deepak23shastri
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hey Joe, we use Splunk! its amazing and have setup alerts and dashboards too using built-in Splunk feature offered. Its easy setup and intutive too!