Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connector - Primary/Secondary

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hello folks,

Does anyone face the limitation of primary/secondary connector (count = 2)

For example: if we have 3 or more slack workspaces, HTTP connections that we want to use in one recipe.

Primary/Secondary is good but we will need to remember which one is primary or secondary. I probably will not remember that ๐Ÿ˜…

Some vendors seem to allow arbitrary numbers of connections in one workflow. Having said that, it may make reading a recipe more difficult..

For example, I use one HTTP connector with different authentications headers as a work around. Callable recipes can be a work around too.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

george4
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Gordon Hu I faced that limitation while building sophisticated recipe that utilizes 3+ HTTP connectors to make calls to different APIs. Unfortunately, there is no workaround except dividing the recipe into smaller pieces and use Callable recipe for that.

georgiaria
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

It is also possible to rename your connectors to help you remember which is which. I name mine after the service, then the account. For example, when I create a new Google Sheets connection, it defaults to 'My second Google Sheets account', but I rename it to 'Google Sheets - myemail@mydomain.com' so show which account is being affected. ๐Ÿ™‚

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We have a naming convention that includes 'Secondary' for all secondary connectors, but in general this is a big limitation. Maybe Tridivesh Sarangi can forward this to the product team and see if there are any plans to remove this limitation.

tridivesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Manuel Roldan-Vega Gordon Hu - thanks for sharing the feedback.